Padre Kino's Favorite Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pounds chorizo, no casings, chopped
- 1 cups seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 2/3 cups chedder cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- Saute onions in two tablespoons of olive oil on low heat until tender. Move onions into a large bowl and add remainings ingredients.
- Mix well and shape, in a large pan, into a loaf (not too high). Bake for 90 minutes.
Baja, Arizona Foodbank Cookbook