Caramel Pecan Pie
A rich and decadent take on pecan pie.
- 1 pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 15-oz can Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a double boiler insert over rapidly boiling water cook Eagle brand milk, brown sugar and salt. Stir well until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add half the pecans. Pour into pie shell and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Cool to room temperature. Whip the cream with the sugar until light; cover pie with whipped cream.