- 1 basic pastry dough for 9" pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1-1/2 cup cooked or canned unseasoned pumpkin, mashed or pureed
- 1-1/2 cup (1 12-ounce can) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a 9" pie pan with the pastry dough. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour into the lined pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 300° and bake for about 45
minutes, or until the filling is firm.
Fanny Farmer Cookbook