Preheat griddle to 375° and grease lightly.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Blend flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Sift until flour is very light and fluffy (once in a sifter or three or four times through a strainer). Set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat eggs until smooth and well blended. Beat in milk and oil until well blended. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients all at once. Mix only into blended -- there may be a few lumps in the batter (but no big ones).
- Cook until lightly golden brown on each side, about one minute per side. If griddle is too hot, pancakes will burn on the outside without cooking the inside.
- Serve with warm syrup or honey, jam or jelly, or fill as desired.