- 2 cups ham, cooked, ground
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, freshly made
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or cooking oil
- Mix the ham, eggs, crumbs, mustard and cream until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into four equal flat patties.
- Heat the bacon fat in a large skillet until hot. Pan fry the patties until deep golden brown on the each side. Drain on paper towels.
The Fanny Farmer Cookbook