Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Evidently, this is a copycat recipe to match the side dish from a popular chain restaurant whose name rhymes with Bolive Barden. I found the taste of raw garlic overstrong, and think roasted garlic would be better. But maybe I just got the extra garlicky bit. Also, we used russet potatoes and peeled them, which is not how they do it at the Barden (When you're there, you're Bamily). The original recipe is below.
- 3 pounds unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons and 2-3/4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 45 minutes; drain.
- Stir in butter, cheese, garlic, salt and oregano. Mash with a potato masher or with an electric mixer.